Shimano CU201HGK Curado 201 Hgk Reel Box
Shimano Curado IHG Baitcasting Reels feature Shimano’s High Effeciency Gearing (HEG). The increased size of the drive gear and the pinion gear provides increased leverage and power. The one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and the one-piece stamped sideplate eliminates flex in the drivetrain that causes normal gears to bind under pressure. By eliminating the flex and increasing the leverage, Shimano is able to provide high-speed retrieves and deliver an incredible amount of torque, while maintaining the smooth, silent retrieve.
Shimano Curado G Features
- Aluminum Frame
- Lightweight Graphite Sideplates
- Recessed Reel Foot
- High Efficiency Gearing HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First Shimano increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, Shimano has eliminated flex in the drivetrain that causes normal gears to bind under pressure. By eliminating the flex and increasing the leverage, Shimano is able to provide high-speed retrieves and deliver an incredible amount of torque, while maintaining the smooth, silent retrieve Shimano reels are famous for.
- Super Free Bearing Supported Pinion Gear System (SF) The Super Free bearing-supported pinion gear system (SF) was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and can actually drag on the spool shaft, creating friction and limiting the length of the cast. With SF, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, and when the clutch is disengaged the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in precise alignment. The result is zero friction on the spool shaft for increased freespool.
- A7075 Aluminum Magnumlite Spool These Lo-Mass spools are made of lightweight A7075 aluminum. Combining this material with an aggressive porting pattern results in an extremely light weight spool. This allows for low startup inertia for casting lightweight baits and an overall increase in useable freespool.
- Dartainium Drag This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- 5 Bearings
- 4 Shielded Stainless Steel BB
- Roller Clutch Bearing
- Variable Brake System (VBS) with Reduced Mass Hub VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. The individual brake weights, when turned on, are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning. The result is a much more consistent spool speed that is easier to manage and takes advantage of the reel’s maximum casting distance. Settings range from zero weights turned on for true freespool and up to 6 weights turned on for extremely windy conditions and maximum cast control.
- Super Stopper Super Stopper uses a one-way, stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates backplay. This provides the angler with instant hooksetting power.
- Assist Stopper This is a back up system to the Super Stopper that consists of the traditional pawl and ratchet. Should the Super Stopper roller bearing slip due to cold weather or over-lubrication, the Assist Stopper kicks in to provide a solid hookset the instant the roller bearing begins to slip. Most of the time the angler will not even know when this feature engages, because by quickly stopping the backwards rotation of the roller bearing, the Assist Stopper greatly reduces the chance of permanent damage to the Super Stopper, allowing it to continue to function as designed.
- Septon PV Power Grips This handle grip material is soft to the touch and does not get slippery when wet.
- 1/8 Turn Easy Access Attached Sideplate Yet another improvement upon the Easy Access System. This sideplate only requires 1/8 rotation to unlock the sideplate for the fastest VBS access.
- Metal Cast Control Knob
- Anodized Spool and Handle
- Disengaging Levelwind System
- Quickfire II Clutch Bar A system used for easy and fast one-handed casting. The line and trigger self-center, and are within easy grasp of the angler’s index finger. By pulling the line and the trigger with one hand, the bail opens and is ready to be cast.